Sunday, March 25, 2012

Monitoring My GAME Plan Progress

It's important to remember to monitor your progress when beginning a journey or plan like this.  So far, I am very proud of my growth and learning experience.  This past Wednesday at school, my 1st grade team had our usual collaborative planning afternoon.  During this time, I made a point to have a discussion about integrating technology into our content areas.  We shared ideas that we have found to use with the SMART Board and various assessments that we had created to use with our iRespond remotes.  I was excited too because not only did I gain new SMART Board ideas/lessons, but I learned about some great resources to use that will get my students up to the SMART Board more rather than me just using it for a teaching tool.  On Thursday and Friday, I taught my students about different things that I learned.  An "Aha!" moment for my 1st graders was when I used the words "I learned something and I want to share it with you...".  My students were so amazed that "I" am still learning about things and I explained to them that even adults still like to learn about new things.  We are all life-long learners.  I think this "mini" lesson turned out to be a "huge" learning lesson for my 1st graders.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that I posted my comment to your carrying out your game plan blog instead of this one. Please be sure to check out mrholshoe.com for lessons/ideas to help you with your SMARTboard. He has tons of ideas!

    I also love it when students are amazed by the fact that teachers are/can learn something new. When I told my students at the beginning of the year that I was going to school to learn more. They were shocked and could not make the connection that I was still able to teach and be a student at the same time! I had to pull up one of my classes and show them some of my assignments to prove it to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the responder on a weekly basis and the student love them. They responders are link to several programs my school offers. It gives students and teacher feed right away. Have you ever thought about asking your technology person to allow you to download the smartboard software to your home computer? I was able to do so and I was able to create many interactive assignment during my spare time.

    ReplyDelete